The Jordin Sparks Experience
The Jordin Sparks Experience is an annual fundraiser benefitting the I’m M.A.D. Are You? campaign. The Jordin Sparks Experience was first held in 2008, at the XLII Super Bowl in Phoenix in which Jordin sang the national anthem. The event is held during Super Bowl week, every year, in the game’s designated city. During the week, the Jordin Sparks Experience features a variety of social and community service activities. The mission is to leave a positive footprint in each Super Bowl city and highlight those that are making a difference in their community. To date, more than 50 businesses/organizations have participated as sponsors in the Jordin Sparks Experience and have helped to raise nearly $500,000. A highlight of events from previous years includes:
- The Teddy Bear Picnic – A family-friendly community day thatdelivers teddy bears to children in local hospitals, orphanages, and homeless shelters. Since incorporating this project as a signature event of The Jordin Sparks Experience, more than 2,000 teddy bears have been donated and presented as gifts.
- Gift of Sound – In partnership with the Starkey Hearing Foundation, more than 500 children have been fitted with hearing aids. The children were able to hear music for the first time during the Teddy Bear Picnic where Jordin performed alongside several other celebrity artists.
- Lawrence Carolin Award – Named after a young teen who passed away of cancer, the award identifies and honors teens for their outstanding service in their communities.
- The Red, White & Black Party – A star-studded celebrity and fundraising party featuring who’s who in entertainment and sports. The colors red, white and black were chosen the year that the Arizona Cardinals went to the Super Bowl in Tampa…it’s also the Sparks family’s favorite team.
- Live and Silent Auction – Auction “experiences” featuring Jordin and other high profile celebrities and athletes with packages ranging from exclusive meet and greets, private dinners, special guest “on location” and more.
- Super Fun & Super Fit with Jordin Sparks – In partnershipwith Hip Hop Public Health, Jordin joins Doug E Fresh and NFL athletes at a local school in the Super Bowl city to promote a healthy lifestyle to the youth by getting them moving and exercising and encouraging good food choices. She brings her favorite dance fitness crew, Sensazao. The kids will learn that being fit can be fun!
You can find out more information about Jordin & P.J.’s I’m M.A.D. Are You? Campaign and the Jordin Sparks Experience here:
The M.A.D. Girls