THE MAD GIRLS
THE MAD GIRLS receives movie news, videos and other content from various outlets. Due to the volume of content we receive it is impossible for us to determine if the works are authorized by the copyright holder. As such we claim safe harbor under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512. Pursuant to the DMCA, if you are a copyright holder and believe your work is being infringed upon you are required by law to adhere to the following procedure:
DMCA Compliance Policy
It is the policy of THE MAD GIRLS to promptly process and investigate notices of alleged copyright infringement, and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512 (“DMCA”).
Contents of Notice
The DMCA requires that all notices of alleged copyright infringement must be in writing. When informing the designated agent of an alleged copyright infringement, the complainant must:
Identify the copyrighted work that allegedly has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are involved, please provide a list of the works on that site.
Describe the material that is claimed to be infringing and provide sufficient information to permit THE MAD GIRLS to locate that material.
Provide your contact information, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
Certify or include a statement that the complainant has a good faith belief that the use of the copyright-protected material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the owner’s agent, or law.
Certify that the information that you have provided THE MAD GIRLS is accurate. The complainant should attest under penalty of perjury that s/he is authorized to enforce the copyrights that have allegedly have been infringed.
– Include a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner. Before the complainants allege an infringement, s/he should consult copyright materials to confirm that the use is, in fact, infringing.
The United States Copyright Office provides basic information, online, at http://www.loc.gov/copyright/circs/, which can assist one in determining whether an exception or defense, such as fair use, may apply to the use of your copyrighted work.
Pursuant to the DMCA, THE MAD GIRLS has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement occurring on Web pages or computer servers. If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed on THE MAD GIRLS site, please notify our designated agent, preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will immediately remove any infringed content.
PLEASE NOTE THAT, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE CONTENT IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL PENALTIES. THESE PENALTIES MAY INCLUDE MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS FEES INCURRED BY US, BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER, OR BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER’S LICENSEE THAT IS INJURED BY A RESULT OF OUR RELYING UPON YOUR MISREPRESENTATION.
Counter Notification – Restoration of Material
If you have received a notice of material being takedown because of a copyright infringement claim, you may provide us with a counter notification in an effort to have the material in question restored to the site. Said notification must be given in writing to our DMCA Agent and must contain substantially the following elements pursuant to 17 USC Section 512(g)(3):
– Your physical or electronic signature
– Your name, address, and phone number
– Identification of the material and its location before it was removed
– A statement under penalty of perjury that the material was removed by mistake or misidentification
– Your consent to the jurisdiction of a federal court in the district where you live (if you are in the U.S.), or your consent to the jurisdiction of a federal court in the district where your service provider is located (if you are not in the U.S.); and
– Your consent to accept service of process from the party who submitted the takedown notice.